Supplementary security locks are a robust and practical deterrent to protect your tools and equipment, however they can be easily taken for granted and necessary maintenance can be overlooked with the convenience of central locking.
Security locks should be lubricated each month with a lubricant containing PTFE – Silicon not permitted, especially in months with adverse weather.
HOW TO LUBRICATE SUPPLEMENTARY SECURITY LOCKS
1. Shake Lubricant can vigorously for several seconds to ensure contents are mixed.
2. Insert the nozzle of the Lubricant into the lock’s keyway and apply sufficient lubricant to penetrate the cylinder mechanism (approximately a 1 second burst).
3. Run the key in and out of the cylinder several times.
4. Apply a second short application of Lubricant.
5. Repeat running the key in and out of the cylinder mechanism.
6. Test cylinder operation and wipe any residue from external surfaces and key.
7. If cylinder will still not operate, please contact your supplying dealr.
Roy Wood Transits are authorised to supply & fit supplementary security locks and security plates, please contact us to learn more about the many options we have available.